Do you have any idea what to bring on a cruise? You’re not the only one unsure how to pack for a cruise. That’s why we’ve put up this article to help you figure out what you need to bring while traveling around. Unless you’re staying in a suite, the staterooms provide little storage room, so you should pack as lightly as possible. Just because you’ll stay in one spot while sailing from port to port doesn’t mean you should fill your bag with everything you own.
Create a Packing Checklist
To avoid overpacking, or forgetting something important, sit down a few days before your trip to create a packing checklist of everything you think you might need. By taking the time to do this pre-packing planning, you can stay organized and calm while throwing things in your bag last minute.
- Plan Your Outfits Ahead of Time
Plan your wardrobe ahead to ensure you bring the correct clothing and don’t over or under-pack. Arrange your outfits in categories, including everything for the day (underwear, bra, socks, pants, top). Make sure you’ve included extra layers like sweaters and jackets. Select a few versatile layers that can be worn with several ensembles to avoid overpacking. Once you plan your daily outfits, group them together in a packing cube.
If you don’t have packing cubes, you should wind down and read why they’re the greatest thing ever. You’ll take out a full outfit from your luggage daily and wear it. There will be no problem. If you’re going on a lengthy cruise, consider packing enough for half the journey and then washing those clothes to wear again when you get home.
You can generally re-wear a shirt or pants (particularly these awesome travel pants that are lightweight and versatile). You’ll also need to bring formal clothing for formal nights. There may be up to four formal evenings on your cruise. A suit, a few dress shirts, and ties will be enough for males. Pack one or two dresses that you can wear.
- Pack a Day Bag
When you arrive at the ship, you’ll be handing over your baggage for porters to carry to your room. It might take a few hours for all the bags to be sorted and delivered, so have a day bag on hand in case it takes longer. Include anything you’ll need before accessing your luggage, such as medicines or a change of clothing. You may use the day bag for whatever activities come up during your cruise.
- Pack Travel-Sized Containers
There’s no need to pack considerably larger bottles of items like shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. On most cruises, you’ll be supplied with a fresh supply of many of these items every day in your cabin, so there’s no need to bring them aboard. If you’re uncertain how much product you’ll require for a particular use, pack two 3 oz bottles or pick some up when you’re in port.
Cruise Packing Tips & Tricks
If you want to save space and have a more comfortable cruise, here are some things you should pack.
- Power strip: A power strip comes in handy on a cruise because staterooms typically don’t have many power outlets.
- Dramamine: While cruising, you never know if you might get seasick. It’s always best to have some medication in case you need it.
- Overdoor toiletry kit: This is a space saver if you transport many personal belongings. The bathroom has a small footprint, so you won’t want to cram too many items in the sink area. To store all your toiletries, take a toiletry bag draping over the bathroom door.
- Collapsible shoe hanger: Do you remember those foldable shoe hangers that collapse flat? If you’re going on a cruise and transporting a variety of shoes, they’ll come in very handy. They’re lovely since they take up little space in your luggage and provide vertical storage in the closet.
Safe Cruise Parking Miami Port Cruise Parking Facility
If you’re driving to the port of Miami for your cruise, you’ll want to ensure you have a safe and secure place to park your car. Safe Cruise Parking is an excellent option, offering secure parking at an affordable price. The parking facility is just minutes from the port and provides a free shuttle to and from the terminal. Reserve your spot today!