QuickBooks allows users to sync bank accounts so they can keep track of their bank accounts and download transactions. Entering incorrect login credentials while doing so can lead to many technical glitches, such as QuickBooks error 179. This usually takes place when a user tries to the login bank website and downloads the bank data. The error code appears on the screen accompanied by a message, “Verify Master: totTrans wrong. Is 3851. Should be 3884.” Follow the blog to learn about the factors that trigger error 179 and solutions to fix it.
If you encounter QuickBooks error 179 and need immediate troubleshooting assistance to fix it, give a call on our toll-free number 888-704-1357 and communicate with the QuickBooks technical support team for direct guidance on the same.
Reasons why you are receiving error 179 in QuickBooks
Error 179 in QuickBooks triggers due to various reasons. Below are some of them:
- Bank login credentials are incorrect or not updated in QuickBooks.
- The user has selected an incorrect login.
- The same bank account is logged in from multiple devices.
Read more: QuickBooks missing pdf component windows 11
Best Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Online error 179
Solution 1. Resolve company file issues using File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close the QuickBooks file before you quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and then open Intuit’s website
- From there, download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version, save it to an easily accessible location and start the installation process.
- To install, follow the instructions given on the screen and click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Once done, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will show up on the desktop. Open the tool hub by double-clicking the icon and click the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor, then choose the company file you want to scan by scrolling the drop-down.
- If your file is not visible, click Browse and search to find your file and click on the Check your File option.
- Select Continue, enter the QuickBooks admin password and choose Next.
You may also read:- QuickBooks 2023 Unrecoverable error
Solution 2. Try repairing the Windows registry to fix error 179
- Tap the Windows and R keys jointly at the same time on your keyboard. When the run prompt box opens, type Command and tap the Enter key.
- Within the next prompt window, type Regedit and choose the key concerning the error.
- Create a file with the new name and .reg extension.
- Next, backup the QuickBooks registry and follow the same task again.
Solution 3. Import QuickBooks Web Connect (.qbo) files
- In QuickBooks, move to the Banking menu and select Bank Feeds.
- Select Import Web Connect Files, then the QBO file you saved, and choose Open.
- Choose the QuickBooks account that already exists or create a new one and then click Continue.
- Open the Bank Feeds Center and review your transaction.
Solution 4: Eliminate this error by setting up Internet Explorer (IE) as your default browser on the system
- To make IE as the default browser, you should open it and proceed to strike on the ‘Tools’ icon on your screen.
- Now, tap on the ‘Internet Options’ tab to open it in a separate window and move forward to hit the ‘Programs’ option.
- At this point, you must click on the ‘Default web browser’ tab and then tap on the ‘Make Default’ tab on the screen. Thereafter, you can hit the ‘OK’ button to finally make IE your default browser.
This guidance blog ends here. Hopefully, the troubleshooting solutions discussed in the blog above will help you fix QuickBooks Error 179 from the root. If due to some reason, the error recurs or continues, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for help by calling us on our toll-free number 888-704-1357.