Bicycles not only keep your fitness level high but also assist in curbing the pollution level that’s becoming a big concern in populated cities. Maybe that’s why affordable branded cycles such as the Avon cycle under 5,000 are getting very popular.
Whether you are planning to purchase a Avon cycle under 5,000, there are certain aspects you need to be aware of to make the right decision. Here are some of the essential factors that you need to consider before purchasing your new bicycle:
Avon Cycle Buying Guide: Purpose
This may be a question that sounds pretty simple but tends to get slightly tricky as you approach the moment of truth, be clear on why you’re deciding to start cycling. Will it just be a simple way to unwind and boost your fitness levels? Or are you genuinely considering it as a sport? This will significantly impact the kind of Avon cycle under 5,000 you choose.
Avon Cycle Buying Guide: Type of Cycle
The type of cycle you purchase will depend on various factors, such as the landscape you plan to cycle on, how often and the duration you plan to ride, and your budget. Here’s a super quick overview of the popular types of bicycles you can find in the market.
- Mountain bicycle- Mountain bicycles are crafted to resist shocks and handle bumps, muddy trails and rocks. Mountain bikes have lower gears than road bicycles, full suspension and flat handlebars.
- City bike- As the name indicates, a city bicycle is intended for rides on flat, urban roads. They’re straightforward to manoeuvre and need minimal maintenance, making them ideal for activities such as cycling to work or running errands. Avon has a massive range of city bikes for you to choose from.
- Road cycles- These types of bikes are created for fast riding and racing on paved roads. They generally come with high gears that enable cyclists to hit high speeds and with relatively lower handles so the rider can bend low and cut air resistance without any issues.
Avon Cycle Buying Guide: Type of Frames
There are mainly four types of materials to choose from; as always, the choice will depend on your bicycle budget and how you wish to use the cycle. Aluminium frames are lightweight and reasonably affordable, excellent for shorter rides on smooth terrain. Carbon fibre frames do a somewhat better job of absorbing road vibrations and shocks, but they tend to be the most expensive. Titanium frames are lightweight, easy to repair and long-lasting, and they are an excellent choice for mountain bikes but are pretty pricey. Finally, Steel is heavier and more durable than other materials and is ideal for customised bike designs but, again, a little expensive option.
Avon Cycle Buying Guide: Wheel Size
Selecting the correct one can be particularly tricky as you need to sit on the Avon cycle under 5,000 and gauge what’s suitable for you. Before sealing the deal, keep in mind that;
- A wheel with a larger diameter would lead to a more stable and smoother ride, but it tends to make it harder to switch directions. On the other hand, a wheel with a smaller diameter will make acceleration, deceleration and turning easier but will also mean a bumpier ride.
- A higher-width wheel offers a more stable ride, making it an ideal choice for first-time riders. On the other hand, a wheel with lesser width ensures a lower rolling resistance which helps you to cycle faster.
We are optimistic that the above Cycle Buying Guide will not just save your effort and time but will enable you to make a well-informed choice so that you are ready to embark on a life-changing fitness journey. Whether you are planning to buy a premium cycle on EMI, you must never forget to keep your earphones OFF, helmet ON and pay attention to the road.
The Frugal way of purchasing your favourite Bicycles
Bajaj Mall has teamed up with Avon and several other cycle manufacturers to let you purchase your favourite bike without the obligation of shelling out the entire bicycle cost at once. The Bajaj Mall encourages you to shop for budget-friendly and premium bicycles at jaw-dropping discounted prices and lets you settle the product price in convenient monthly instalments, thanks to the NO Cost EMIs option.