Cleaning microfiber cloth
- Is it possible to clean microfiber? Yes, as any other fabric, you can wash it at 30 degrees Celsius and iron on low heat if needed. Or just put it in the laundry basket with your regular clothes and run a normal cycle. For more stubborn stains, damage or dirt:
- Mix some mild detergent and water and soak the cloth for 10-15 minutes
- Put some soft soap flakes (e.g. Pears) into the mixture from step 2 –> let sit for another 10-15 minutes
- Rinse several times under running water – do not wring out! If there are still some suds left on the cloth, you can leave it to dry or put a towel in it and squeeze out the excess moisture
- If needed, iron with low heat from the backside of the fabric. If there are still some stains which did not come off after following the steps above:
- Mix up 1 teaspoon of solid laundry detergent (e.g. Persil) and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar with 1 liter cold water
- Soak cloth for 30 minutes in mixture from step 6 – do not wring out! From time to time hold your cloth under running water so that all dirt gets washed away
- Rinse several times under running water all soap is gone – do not wring out!
- Put your cloth in the washing machine and run a normal cycle with laundry detergent (do not use fabric softener!)
If you follow these steps, your microfiber cloth will be like new again:
All images are used under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Germany License by user “yopuz” at Pixabay. If you would like to edit any of these images for website usage, please contact the author. Please note that the purpose of this page is to give general information about how to clean microfiber cloth, not specific instructions for each possible stain or dirt type. Also note that many stains on microfiber may simply just fade away after a few washes, so please do not expect miracles. Please read our legal disclaimer.
Use of Microfiber cloth:
Microfiber cloths are fabulous cleaning tools that most of us use everyday. They can be machine washed but you need to know some important guidelines if you don’t want them to lose their effectiveness during the cleanings process.
This article covers all steps necessary to properly maintain microfiber cloths; including stains removal, odors elimination and many other tips about keeping these excellent polishing pads in best shape possible while using them repeatedly in different situations. If you want to learn more about microfiber – how they are manufactured and their main characteristics:
Read More: How to clean shoelaces? All Easy Methods
How to clean microfiber cloths with easy method?
Procedure Remarks 1 Wash with mild detergent and softener at 30 degrees C (86 F). For best results do NOT use bleach or fabric softener 2 hand wash or machine hand wash without agitation 3 rinse several times until all soap is gone 4 line dry 5 iron on low heat from the backside of the cloth 6 soak in mild detergent and white vinegar solution for 10-15 minutes 7 rinse several times until all vinegar is gone 8 soak in water + laundry detergent for 30 minutes 9 wash in washing machine at 30 degrees C (86 F) 10 line dry 11 iron on low heat from the backside of the cloth
Removing stains and deodorizing
As you know, microfiber can get stained if it comes into contact with some liquids or solids. Therefore you need to clean them properly to restore their original look and take care that your polishing pads do not get smelly.
This page will teach you several stain removal procedures for different types of stains; including how to remove stains caused by blood, coffee, wine or rust among others. You will learn also learn how to deodorize them so they don’t smell bad either. And yes! You can do all procedures at home.
You have just learned how to clean microfiber cloths using the most popular techniques that work well for most types of cleaning jobs. In my opinion, the best way is to use a combination of water + Amodex bar + vinegar vinegar mixed in 2:1 ratio with lots of rinsing because this method brings you the best results from all available.