Lighting for reading and other activities in the bedroom is provided by nightstand lamps, and they also look great while they perform this function. There is, however, a lot of confusion when choosing a lamp. Would you mind telling me how many are needed? Is there a recommended size for the lampshade? How do you choose the right style? To make choosing a nightstand lamp simple, you’ll need to follow some basic decorating rules.
Nightlights are not the same as bedside lamps, which are used at night. Typically, night lights are tiny lights that plug into an electricity socket and emit a dim light. Their purpose is not to spread light in bedrooms or hallways, or for reading. A floor lamp doesn’t usually serve as a bedside lamp unless it comes with a table area that can also be used for a nightstand. Many individuals prefer to have some kind of table like shelf next to their bed to keep things like a table lamp, storybooks, water glass, as well as an alarm.
What is the best lamp width?
It is more common than you think to pick the wrong size nightstand lamp when decorating a bedroom. Frequently, it’s a lamp that doesn’t fit the nightstand. It is important to find the right balance when it comes to scale. Nightstands are wider when your mattress is wider; and lamps are wider when your nightstand is wider. When measuring the level of the lamp’s width at its widest point (usually the base of the shade), you should aim for a nightstand that measures one-third to two-thirds the width of the mattress, and a table lamp that measures one-third the width of the nightstand.
Is it necessary to have more than one nightstand lamp?
It’s recommended to have two nightstand lamps if you have a partner and one if you are sleeping alone. No matter if you have the room to yourself or not, two bedside lamps provide better balance if your bedroom is very large or your mattress is a king.
Make sure you don’t rely solely on your nightstand lamps for room illumination. A floor lamp might be a better option than a ceiling fixture if you don’t have a ceiling fixture.
Size options for lamps:
- It is also important to take the lamp’s size into consideration as well as the lamp’s design.
- Make sure that a lamp does not exceed 1.5 times the height of the furniture on which it is placed.
- If the lamp is seated on furniture, the lampshade should be narrower than that furniture.
- The shade height should fall within 2-inches of the base of the lamp when matched to a lamp. It is advisable to measure the shade vertically after you have fixed it on the lamp, so that it makes up one-third of the lamp’s height. The shorter it is, the more awkward it looks.
- It is ideal if all the lampshades on your floor and table lamps are close to each other or at the same height as one another. The entire room looks more cohesive this way.
When it comes to choosing a bedside lamp, what should I look for?
- You’ll need a bedside light whether you are the only person in the bedroom; if you share it with someone else, you’ll need 2. If your room is large then you must have a king-size beds, 2 bedside lights offer more impressive balance regardless of whether you are the sole person using the space. Even if you own two bedside lamps, you shouldn’t rely upon them to illuminate the entire space.
- In general, a nightstand should measure exactly one-third to two-thirds as wide as your mattress, and a table lamp online should measure roughly one-third of a nightstand.
- Directly shining light or light shining over your head is not a good idea. Consider a lamp that is two or three inches higher than your nightstand if your mattress and nightstand are the same height. Your nightstand should be 24 inches tall for a light roughly 27 inches tall.
- In order to balance your lamp, you should choose a lampshade that is the right size. From the bottom of the lamp to the base of the light bulb, lampshades should generally measure two-thirds the height of the lamp body. Two-thirds the lamp’s most comprehensive component should be the size of the lampshade. When selecting a lampshade for a fragile light, make sure it is smaller than the height of the shade. There are many online stores that offer a wide selection of table lamps.