Last Updated on February 9, 2023 by Tabraiz
Certified Ethical Hacker Certification, or CEH for short, is a type of certification ideal for professionals who want to cut down the learning curve to broaden their virtual knowledge. In this article, we present you with the perfect overview of CEH and a strategy for passing it without having to study too hard!
What is CEH?
Certified Ethical Hacker is a professional designation given by the EC-Council to individuals who demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to identify security risks and vulnerabilities in computer systems and networks and who know how to exploit them.
To become a Certified Ethical Hacker, individuals must first pass an examination administered by the EC Council. The CEH exam covers various topics, including hacking methodology, tools and techniques, types of attacks, and countermeasures.
CEH Certification Exam Overview
The Certified Ethical Hacker Exam is taken by candidates who wish to earn the CEH credential. The exam is a four-hour, proctored test that consists of 125 multiple-choice questions. Candidates must have a minimum score of 70% to pass the exam.
The CEH Exam covers a broad range of topics, including:
- Networks and telecommunications
- Application security
- Operating system security
- Database security
- Access control models
- Ethical hacking methodologies and tools
The EC-Council recommends that candidates have at least two years of experience in information security before attempting the exam.
Steps to Become a Certified Ethical Hacker
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the steps you’ll need to take to become a certified ethical hacker will vary depending on your prior experience and knowledge. However, we’ve put together a general outline of the steps you’ll need to take to prepare for and pass the Certified Ethical Hacker exam.
1. Understand the CEH Exam and Its Requirements: The first step is to ensure you understand the CEH exam and what it covers. This will help you know what areas to focus on when studying.
2. Choose a Study Method: There are many different ways to prepare for the CEH exam, so you’ll need to decide which study method works best for you. There are self-study methods, such as study guides and practice exams, as well as classroom-based or online courses.
3. Start Studying: Once you’ve chosen your study method, it’s time to prepare for the exam. Use all the resources at your disposal and create a study schedule that works for you.
4. Take Practice Exams: In addition to studying, it’s also important to take practice exams to get familiar with the real exam format and identify any weak areas that you need to work on.
5. Schedule Your Exam: Once you feel confident that you’re ready for the CEH exam, it’s time to schedule your test date
Where Can I Get CEH Training?
There are many ways to get training for the CEH exam, including online courses, in-person classes, and self-study.
- Online Courses:
One great way to get CEH exam training is through online courses. However, there are many different providers of online CEH courses. Some things you may want to consider when choosing an online course include the length of the course, the price, and the format.
- In-Person Classes:
If you prefer learning in a traditional classroom setting, there are also many options for in-person CEH classes. There are also private companies that offer CEH training. But, again, you will need to research to find a class that is right for you. Things that you may want to consider are the length of the class, the price, and the location.
If you prefer to learn independently, you can also Self Study for your CEH certification exam by using resources such as books or practice exams. This option can be cheaper than taking a class but will require more time and effort.
This study guide is a great place to start if you want to learn how to become a certified ethical hacker. It covers everything from ethical hacking and why it’s important to the different types of certification available and how to prepare for the exam. By the time you’re finished reading, you’ll have a good understanding of CEH certification.