Last Updated on March 25, 2023 by hassan abbas
One of the trendiest and most fame-gaining social media platforms is YouTube; since it launched in 2005 on the 14th of February, it is getting more popular daily. Originally YT was founded by former employees of PayPal. And the name of their founder is Jawed Karim, Steve Chen, and Chad Hurley. Three of them were very frustrated about how difficult it was to find a single video on the Internet, so they decided to make a simple platform where people could discover videos quickly and share their experiences.
After 1.5 years of YouTube’s successful increment, Google bought it for around 1.70 billion U.S. dollars. And now, YouTube is one of the most significant income sources for Google today. YT almost generated approximately 15 billion U.S. dollars in one year, but this chart rose last year to 30 billion, which is enormous. In addition, YouTube is one of the most used social media platforms worldwide today.
Three of four family members use YouTube daily for listening to songs, solving queries, learning something new, and many more. All the accessibility of this platform is 100% free. Besides being a social media platform, YouTube is the second most used search engine. It surpasses the legacy of many search engines such as Bing, Yahoo, etc. Many features can enhance your experience of watching YouTube videos, some of which are mentioned below.
5 features to enhance your experience on YouTube
- Watch in VR – This is the most prominent feature introduced by YouTube. It allows users to watch videos in 3D with the help of a VR; you can watch any video in VR with the use of the YouTube application on Android and IOS. You just simply have to attach your mobile phone to your VR and select the option of watching VR on the YouTube application. This will enable the 3D option to enhance your YouTube watching experience. This feature is entirely free and almost everyone can access it. Make sure that here YouTube application is up to date to access this feature.
- Playback speed – Sometimes, you might get bored of a video or content creator who makes the video very slow, and by skipping the video, sometimes you also miss the main part of the video. Slow video can frustrate you, but with the help of the playback speed option, you can Fast-forward the video at speeds like 1.25 X, 1.50 X, 1.75 X, and 2X. You can Fast forward the video if you find them slow. The Playback speed option also allows you to slow down videos. Also, if you find a video very fast, you might slow it down according to your preference. This feature can surely enhance your experience on another level.
- Closed caption – It might be challenging for you to understand a YouTube video which is another language, but the video is crucial for you to watch. Don’t worry; closed captions are here to save the day. You can enable close caption in different languages videos that you cannot understand. The caption provides a written transcript under the video where you can read the caption in your preferred language and understand the video completely. This is a simple but effective feature introduced by YouTube. The closed caption also helps content creators to buy YouTube likes naturally worldwide.
- Offline downloading option – If you cannot access the Internet everywhere, you might want to save some videos for later so that you can watch them even when there is no Internet connection. YouTube has introduced its feature of offline saving video. One can download videos under the Internet connection to watch them later. You can find the download option; enter the video.
This was game-changing for YouTube users. First, you don’t have to worry about resolution because after clicking on the download option, YouTube will ask for your preferred resolution; if you have less Internet data, then you can select less resolution video, but if you want high-quality video, then you can choose 720 pixels or one 1080 pixel video.
- Watch later or playlist – This is one of the most convenient features you can find on YouTube. This feature allows you to save videos for later, or if you want a collection of videos to find in one place, then you can make a playlist, select your favorite videos, and name that playlist according to your preference. This makes it very easy for the user to find videos for later. For example, sometimes you find a video fascinating, but due to a low network, you cannot open the video so that you can save that video for a later at that time.
In the rising demand for YouTube, many 3rd party applications claim to buy YT likes for you; beware of them because they can be scammer. These are a few features that YouTube has provided for free use, and there are many more features that you can unlock by buying the YouTube premium. Some contents, like web series, are also available on YouTube these days, but they are not completely free; only when or two episodes of web series would be free so that you can get an idea of how good it is and for the rest of episodes you have to pay for YouTube premium.